Durham Islamic Finance Summer School (DIFSS) aims to provide such knowledge, skills and expertise, and help place participants in an advantageous position for entering and working in the Islamic financial sector. The programme is delivered mostly by leading Islamic financiers and bankers from across the world.
Durham Centre for Islamic Economics and Finance has an international reputation in teaching, conducting cutting-edge research and publishing in Islamic economics, banking and finance for about thirty years. Many of our Islamic economics, banking and finance graduates and participants of the Summer School have gone on to work in the Islamic finance sector or now teach Islamic economics and finance all over the world.
The DIFSS allows participants to take advantage of the Centre's expertise to enhance and develop their knowledge skills over a 5-day intensive programme.
Who should attend?
- financiers, bankers, professional researchers, and academic researchers
- those intending to work in, and new entrants to, the Islamic financial sector
- those already working in the sector who wish to improve their academic and practical knowledge and experience
- academics, professional researchers and postgraduate students
- anyone wishing to learn more and develop skills about this emerging industry